Personal blog of Rainer Ertl in Vienna Austria

Monday, January 2

Archos Gmini xs 202 review by Rainer Ertl

I bought this device last week and I like to share my experience here after a couple of days using it:
Stars * indicate the severity

Pros:
- Cheap (compared to Ipod) ***
- small - handy ****
- Easy to navigate menus **
- good battery **
- no additional software needed ***

Cons:
- clicks can be heard that HD is active moving or doing something *
- no bag **
- earphones only mediocre *
- display not showing more than 20 (or something) characters **
- turns on accidentally **
- no radio transmission possible (or is it?) *

Sound: well that is ok or good. I had the Zen Jukebox before and I STRONGLY recommend to use the Koss Porta Pro the best open headphones I ever seen/used. With them the bass will be more intensive sometimes you can feel also in your bones. Zen Jukebox I have with the turned on EAX (?) bass system sounds better - however the headphones that are able to give me that sound with that range I do not have. So Zen + Koss + EAX = overdose for the ears and strange brumms brrrrr noise sounds like the sound collapses in some songs.

Overall: definitely a good solid player.

If you find any spelling errors - you can keep them.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home